Is Online Learning for Me?
Online learning isn’t for everyone. Successful online learners are self-motivated, responsible and independent. Below are some questions that you might want to keep in mind if you are thinking about applying to SOAR.
- Are you a self-motivator?
- Do you like to be prepared and get things done ahead of time?
- When faced with a problem, do you enjoy the challenge of finding a solution?
- Can you set up your own work schedule and complete your studies without having to be told by someone else?
- Do you like to read?
- When given directions, do you prefer trying to follow the directions on your own for a while before asking for help?
- Are you a good writer? Do you like to write letters, stories, and even e-mails to friends?
- Do you type well?
- Do you use email on a daily or almost daily basis?
- Are you comfortable using search engines like Google or Yahoo! to find information online?
- Are you comfortable using a computer?
The following two guides may also be of help in determining if Online Learning is right for you!