The SOAR Academic Institute (SOAR) is a tuition-free public online school that provides a full online educational program for students in grades 6 through 12. SOAR combines the best of online learning and on-site instruction and follows the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
Students enrolled in SOAR receive:
- 24/7 access to curriculum
- a laptop and high speed internet access
- a mentor, learning coach, and personalized learning plan (PLP)
- a full online educational experience
- access to South Redford’s athletic and extracurricular programs
SOAR has two open enrollment windows each year. Students may enroll between April and September for the Fall Semester. Students may enroll between December and January for the Winter Semester (which begins in late January). Enrollment and application information can be found by clicking here.